diceweaver's core values are kindness, inclusion, and tolerance. If you agree with these principles, enter and be welcome as our friend.
diceweaver stands against hatred, oppression, and cruelty. If you engage in any of these, this is not a community for you.
We are proud of our community and it’s important to us that everyone who joins has fun and feels safe. To that end, we prioritize the safety and well-being of our community members and have developed this Code of Conduct to govern the community.
This Code of Conduct applies to all diceweaver platforms and channels. This includes, but is not limited to, in-game activity, forums and public postings, official gatherings, and social media groups. The Code of Conduct is a living document and as such will be modified to adapt to changing circumstances.
We will respond with swift action against users we determine to have breached the Code of Conduct. These actions may include simple warnings, muting or topic bans, global temporary or permanent bans, reports to official authorities, or other actions that we deem appropriate to protect our community and the people within it.
The diceweaver community prioritizes the safety of marginalized people over the comfort of the privileged. We will not act on bad-faith or frivolous complaints, nor will we allow the Code of Conduct to be weaponized. We will not engage in "rules lawyering" about what is and is not allowed by the Code of Conduct.
We recognize that the stories of individual tables and groups may contain content or plot lines that violate elements in this Code of Conduct. It should be noted that in-game content of this nature does not violate this Code of Conduct, provided that the appropriate content warnings are present on the table or group.
Kind and GenerousWe grow stronger when we nurture one another. Be generous with your time, patience, and knowledge. Be welcoming. Assume good faith and forgive mis-steps.
- Know that not everyone speaks the same language and communication can require patience
- Support others with your time, knowledge, and privilege
- Help show new community members the ropes and norms
Respectful and JoyfulMonocultures are fragile and easily broken. We celebrate diversity in race, gender, sexuality, age, culture, nationality, religion, ability, physicality, and neurodiversity. Our differences make our community stronger and we make efforts to center and amplify marginalized voices. Recognize your privileges as well as opportunities to grow as you learn more.
- Celebrate yourself and your friends
- Provide space for others to speak and be heard
- Share your stories and ideas with others in the appropriate venues
- Grow as a person by learning about others
Humble and OpenThe world is a big place and no one knows everything about it or its people. Our limited perspectives mean that we do or say things that cause offense or harm to those from cultures different than our own. What may be a harmless joke to one may be hurtful to another. The impact on them is more important than the intent. Know that you have things to learn. Be willing to accept and learn from errors you make. Apologize and make good for harm done.
- Practice empathy and learn about other people
- Apologize in a manner that is meaningful and addresses harm
- Strive to understand that the figment of existence is but shadows on the wall and seek to exit the cave
Honest and CourageousWith privilege comes responsibility. Protect your fellows and stand up for them if they are bullied or harassed. Call out others for bad behavior but don’t be mean about it. Report bad behavior if you find anyone breaking this Code of Conduct anywhere on diceweaver or its official channels. Please report it to [email protected].
- Stand up to bullies and defend those weaker than you
- Check your friends and hold them accountable for their words and actions
- Own your mistakes and be vulnerable enough to grow
Evil or IntolerantAbusive behavior will not be tolerated. This includes but is not limited to hate speech, bullying, stalking, outing, harm encouragement, slander, threats, and other intimidating behaviors. Misogyny, homophobia, racism, and ableism will not be tolerated. In cases of criminal investigation regarding these matters, we will cooperate fully with the relevant authorities.
- Use hate speech of any kind, even "ironically"
- Make threats of any kind.
- Real-world Incitement of violence towards any individual
- Deliberately misgender someone or use an abandoned or "dead" name
Gross or CreepyDon't post pornographic, violent, or "shock" content - photos, video, stories, or whatever - including links to said content. Don't send unsolicited messages to people you don’t know. Don’t comment on another person's appearance.
- Make untoward sexual advances towards any community member
- Intentionally trigger community members by posting shock images
- Fail to obey clear boundaries after being told to go away
- Insult or make untoward comments on someone's appearance
- Insult or make untoward comments on someone's lifestyle choices and practices, including but not limited to those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
Indiscreet or NaiveProtect the privacy of yourself and others. Don't post or give your personal information to anyone. Don’t publically post message logs or reveal personal information without someone’s express permission. Doxxing someone is forbidden. If you have an issue with another person, send an email to [email protected] and we'll take a look.
- Publish someone else's personal information
- Deliberately "out" any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent
- Record and repost private message logs or activity
- Give away your personal info
Disruptive or SpammyDon't troll or flame other members of the community. Don't post advertisements or link to them. This includes self-promotion, online petitions, and other calls for action. Don't impersonate other people. If you feel you need to draw the attention of staff to an issue, send an email to [email protected].
- Demand a debate or discussion
- Spam self-promotional material or links to possible malware or shock sites
- Pretend to be a celebrity or spokesperson for a company or brand
- Sustained disruption of a discussion or process
Criminal or StupidDon't put diceweaver or our community members in legal jeopardy by doing something illegal or stupid. We are not a place to test legal policy or theory and do not want to be shut down because of it. Don’t use the site or its communication channels to engage in illegal activity of any kind. Don't post illegal content. Don't distribute copyrighted material or links to external sites that contain copyrighted and pirated material. Only share content and links that you know are freely distributable in every region of the world.
- Pirate media or software, or otherwise engage in copyright infringement
- Plan real-world heists or other crimes on the site or through its channels
- Post illegal content or links to content that is illegal in the United States, regardless of its status in your home region
- Post political or medical misinformation and propaganda
- Send an email to [email protected] and make sure to include a link to or screenshot of what you are reporting.
- These reports will go only to the staff of the project and will not be forwarded or shared, except in cases of criminal investigations. The report custody chain may evolve in the future but the privacy level of individual reports will freeze going forward. That is, a violation report can only ever become more private (an increasingly smaller number of people will be aware of it), not less.
Special thanks to Christine Chun, Kat Tanaka Okopnik, Caroline Sinders, Jeremy Bornstein, Stacey Merrick, Damon Gregory, Andrew Garrett, Tom Spindler, Neil Gobioff, Cait Ward, and Lincoln Maurice.
This Code of Conduct incorporates content from: